This section of the site is exclusively for Locust Business Partners. Partners please login here.
Your clients will love to take your brand home
At Locust, we have been serving the various needs of the soccer industry for a decade. Locust's total source solution approach allows us to be uniquely positioned to deliver quality and cost effective programs designed to maximize particular strategic marketing objectives. We deliver value by combining our strengths in design, innovation and project execution with a unique understanding of our clients' objectives, enabling us to achieve measurable results.
The question why building a promotional strategy around the game of soccer? The answer is in the demographics of soccer. Please take a look at the following facts by clicking below:
Canada - click to view stats
USA - click to view stats
- Total Player Registration: 1995 (483,686) 2006 (854,750) - Increase 2005 to 2006: 13,284
- Total Registration for Females: 1996 (167,913) 2006 (365,680) - Increase 2005 to 2006: 8,874
- Total Registration for Males: 489,070 - Increase 2005 to 2006: 4,410
- Total Registration for Youth Players (Under 18): 719,625 - Increase 2005 to 2006: 4,945
- Total Registration for Senior Players (Over 18): 135,125 - Increase 2005 to 2006: 8,330
- Total Player Participation (Registered and not Registered): 2,695,712
- Total Player Participation as % of the overall Population: 8.14%
- Total number of Professional Players: 150
- Total Company or Army Teams, Schools Universities: 800,000
- Total Number of Clubs: 7,000
- Total Number of Teams: 55,000
- Total Number of Futsal Players: 17,000
These statistics highlight some very positive elements of the soccer market in Canada. However, it does not tell the entire story. A key quality of this market is the in-direct participants in the sport: volunteers and attendees. In 2004, there were 1,023,000 volunteers directly involved in soccer and there was a further 2,943,000 attendees to soccer events.
The end result is a stunning number of Canadians are involved in soccer directly or indirectly: 6,661,712.
SOURCE: Canadian Soccer Association, "Canadian Soccer Demographics Report 2006", Canadian Soccer Association, p.3.
Global - click to view stats
- Total Player Participation (Registered and not Registered): 24,472,778
- Total Player Participation as % of the overall Population: 8.20%
- Total number of Professional Players: 1,513
- Total Number of Youth Players (Under 18): 3,907,065
- Total Number of Adult Players (Over 18): 260,928
- Total Company or Army Teams, Schools Universities: 13,466,000
- Total Number of Clubs: 5,000
- Total Number of Administrators, Coaches, Technical and Medical Staff: 656,300
- Total Number of Teams: 400,000
- Total Number of Futsal Players: 17,272
These statistics highlight very positive elements of the U.S soccer market. Again, it does not tell the entire story. A key quality of this market is the in-direct participants in the sport: volunteers and attendees. There are no direct U.S numbers identifying volunteers and attendees linked to soccer events. Locust has made an educated estimate based on the Canadian numbers: 5,000,000 volunteers directly involved in soccer and a further 15,000,000 attendees to soccer events.
The end result is a stunning number of Americans involved in soccer directly or indirectly: 44,472,778.
SOURCE: The U.S soccer participation rate between registered and unregistered players is almost 10 times the number in Canada. Locust has taken the conservative approach and only applied a multiple of 5 to the Canadian number of volunteers and attendees to estimate the U.S numbers.
SOURCE: FIFA Communications Division, Information Services, "FIFA Big Count 2006", May 31st, 2007, p. 2. The study was scientifically observed by Lambrecht and Stamm SFB, AG - a social research company based in Zurich / Conference Board of Canada, "Household Survey of Participation in Sport, 2004, Conference Board of Canada, p. 8.
- There are more member nations that belong to Federation International de Football Association (“FIFA”) (207) than member nations that belong to the United Nations (191).
- The overall number of soccer players worldwide has increased to 265 million players. When referees and officials are added, the total increases to 270 million – which converts into 1 in 25 directly involved in soccer.
- There are over 301,000 clubs worldwide and 1.7 million registered teams.
- The number of registered players worldwide has increased from 30 million in 2000 to 38 million in 2006.
- The growth in women’s soccer at both youth and senior has been the most dramatic – 54% increase to 4.1 million registered players.
Let Locust develop a specific soccer promotional strategy for your company and receive a no obligation quotation within 72 hours. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-284-8079 Locust is not limited to soccer products when it comes to manufacturing and customization. We can apply your logo to any material and/or product. If we don't offer an item that you are looking for we will source it for you.
Below are a few products that we have designed, manufactured and customized for our clients:
Euro 2004 Jersey
Gatorade Ball Final
Tim Hortons Backsack
Tim Hortons Cone
Tim Hortons Pennie
Tim Hortons Ball
Dundee Popup Goal
Our partnership perspective recognizes that each project must be successful for everyone involved and it requires that everyone take a genuine interest in the outcome. This philosophy is the platform upon which Locust continues to grow with our corporate clients. Further, it has enabled Locust to develop successful product and marketing programs. Below are a few of our existing clients serviced by Locust B2B:
Carlsberg Pub Cup
Carlsberg UEFA Cup
Boddington Pub Ale